Sunday, May 23, 2010

Baby Sweater

Here is my latest listing on Etsy:


A baby sweater I knit, commissioned by my mother, for the daughter of my cousin. (Is there a name for that kind of familial relationship? The daughter of my cousin?)


I used Cascade 220 superwash wool. I bought two skeins, which was clever of me because the sweater took approximately 1.09 skeins. So, grr, I don't have enough in this color for a second sweater. This one was a lot of fun to make. I used Elizabeth Zimmerman's pattern from the Knitter's Almanac. I'm thinking about altering the pattern a bit, maybe changing the lace pattern, to see what happens. :)

I've also got a scarf in the works for the RNEST monthly challenge. It's blocking now, so it's almost ready!

2 comments:

  1. I am also going to knit one sweater for kids but only confused in choosing the wool which will be best .Please tell me some best brands for this .Thanks .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the yarn I mentioned in the post is pretty reliable (Cascade 220 superwash wool), though there are hundreds of options available, depending on what you're looking for. Whatever brand you choose, I recommend using something machine washable if you're knitting for children or babies (so, acrylic or superwash wool).

      Delete